February 8, 2017
The game is afoot.
- I collect Magic Cards, but I haven’t really played since college. Mostly I just put decks together. I’ll buy a booster pack or holiday box or whatever and start seeing what cards go together. I’m not even really up to speed on a lot of the new abilities–energy counters, etc.–that have been added in recent years. I might try to sell a few decks at some point. I really don’t need the two dozen or so decks I’m working on. I mean, I might like to play a few of them (the Chandra one, the Elf Deck, the Vampire Deck, Red/White Angel Deck) but most of them are ones I don’t really need.
- Going to start working on a series of Magic the Gathering drawings soon. Already did a Chandra sketch card, planning to do some some of those. Maybe something more complex. Going to try to get back to page work in the near future. Problem is I always want to do ten pages when I should do one. And burn myself out. I have no pacing whatsoever. Working on that.
- Officially done bulking. Got up to 180 pounds. Pretty pleased about that, although I did briefly hope to get up to 200 pounds. Combination of factors got in the way, but 180 was the goal along. My general plan is to cut down to 170 or so. The biggest thing has just been trying to learn to work with my body, not against it. The big issue is still sleep, but not much to be done about that for now. Kind of a body and mind thing.
- Tried a new pre-workout that somebody gave me a sample of. Stuff called 5150. I think I read that it has 8 different types of caffeine. Very powerful stuff. If anybody wants to try it, be warned: it is very intense.
- Thinking about trying to make Meatballs or something different than I’ve been making.
- I wrote the other day about my experiences growing up on the family farm and been pondering that a bit more. Basically I’ve gained more insight into a lot of what unfolded regarded my family’s history in farming and it has given me some new avenues of thought. I don’t deny those experiences did give me a more pessimistic view of farming–and also of opportunities I was presented with, but that’s a story for another year. Trying not to get into what ifs, but I do believe there were opportunities I could have done a lot with. And maybe new options will present themselves. I’m always keeping an eye open.
- I find myself pondering options and opportunities. The average person will change careers seven times. I have to wonder if in trying to create a stable workplace, do employers limit the ability of workers to find better options and opportunities. I get paid $22 and some change an hour with good benefits where I work, but does that pay rate keep me from seriously considering a job where I might be happier? Where I might have better opportunities for advancement and more flexibility to pursue other endeavors? And does the effort to maintain a stable workplace keep employers from finding people who are potentially better fits? Stability and comfort can be as much a hindrance as a help.
Posted by rossofsaunders
Filed in Uncategorized ·Tags: 5150, art, Bulking, Cooking, Drawing, employees, employers, Farming, fitness, Health, healthy, healthy eating, healthy living, Hobbies, Ideas, jobs, Magic, Magic The Gathering, nutrition, opportunities, options, Planning, pre-workout, sketch cards, Thoughts, Working Out, workplace