March 2, 2016
Not much new to really get into, just basic updates.
- Wrote out a pretty epic essay type thing about ideas the other day. Really did not intend to get quite as political or make as much of a statement on things as I did, but it happened. Regardless, I liked how it came out. Just a number of thoughts I felt like needed to be shared, I guess.
- Continuing to work away on comics, reevaluating my strategy a bit. Planning on a bit more focus on doing trades rather doing a page at a time. Will continue to post pages in Order of the Dragon, but it will likely be less frequent as I focus more on marketable products. Thinking about a few new projects to work on. Also entertaining the idea of a collaborative work. I actually really want to do something where I team up with someone else. The biggest issue of Chlorine and Acid was that it was became too much me in the story–well, one of the biggest issues–and part of the reason I had to stop. Admittedly LMCBW might have had some of the same issues, but I like to think we would have balanced out.
- Working on a novel or two now. The bodybuilding one continues to trudge along. My general plan is to have a novel self-published by the beginning of summer, which should be doable.
- Voted in the Vermont primary yesterday. A bit irrelevant, if only because the guy I voted for was locked in already–86% of the vote. Thought about voting Republican, but that’s almost as irrelevant. As sad as it is, Trump is the likely nominee.
- Plans are starting to come together. I’m a bit more confident my plan to pay off the majority of my debt by the end of the year will happen. First pieces are falling into place, working on the next few. I like where this is going. Stashing away plenty of cash while paying off debt, it seems like things are going in the right direction. I think I can get another piece in place today, so we’ll see how things go.
- If all goes well, this could be an awesome summer. If the numbers do work out, I will be buying a Kayak and/or archery gear in the near future–hopefully without adding another card to the mix. Shopping around for those now. People might ask: why archery? Because it is cool? I’ve always had a fascination with it. Guns just never excited me. For some reason, archery does. Kayaking is more because I’m looking for something more complex cardio workouts for during the summer. Good cardio is something I’ve been lacking for a long time. Probably won’t buy either until the weather is bit more accommodating to such activities.