Wednesday Wonderings For 4/6/2016
April 6, 2016
Where I make a strange comparison, consider a few points and just generally reflect on planning.
- Still trying to get a good load of pages ready to go before I start posting Order of the Dragon again. Still getting distracted. Getting some of it done though. Hoping the change in hours gets done soon. Moving at the speed of bureaucracy, I guess. Bit of staffing/scheduling clusterfuck going on. Working on developing a new character for Order of the Dragon. One who interrogates people with the method of flicking pistachio shells at them. Not like I bought a pound of them and have been steadily working my way through them…
- I think the head-games we put ourselves through are worse than anything other people can come up with. Started thinking about this morning at work. Partly due to the stuff going on there, partly some personal stuff. I’m glad I’m at least trying to close this shit out though. The number of problems that could be solved or avoided if people just got their own heads sorted out before dealing with someone else…
- I remember way back in 2008, there was a bit of drama in the Democratic primary process. There were a couple of states that wanted to move their primary up by a few weeks, which caused a fair amount of friction within the Democratic Party. These primaries were effectively rendered irrelevant until the DNC could figure out what to do. The majority of the candidates chose not to campaign there and went so far to remove their names from the ballots. There were four that remained on the Michigan ballot at the time of their primary: Chris Dodd, Dennis Kucinich, Mike Gravel, and Hillary Clinton. I remember that being the event that really pushed me to support Obama. My thinking was that walking away from those primaries was the right decision as it could potentially do more harm than good to campaign or remain on the ballot in those states. Could unfairly sway that pool of voters in the favor of one candidate or another. I started thinking about that after reading an article yesterday about how the Democrats are giving away the election–the Republicans are trying too, but I don’t think they’re alienating their base as effectively. In some ways, I see Hillary Clinton becoming a Democrat version of Trump. The comparison might be a bit weird, but the way her rhetoric has progressed makes me aware of a similar disconnect.
- Getting more creative in my cooking. Creating more variations on the fundamental ideas I work with. Next week I might make the Chicken Parm stuff with fennel in it. Just an idea I’m going to try. I’m working on a plan where I cook a meal each night with a certain number of meals in leftovers to go over the next two or three days. Enable more of a mix and still maintain a fresh selection. Will involve more prep work later on, waiting on my hours to change to put that idea into motion. Probably going to look into bulk orders of meat at some point, as that would probably make this whole thing a bit more feasible and cut costs a bit. Want to do some more baking, but again, I’m waiting until the stuff with my hours is resolved. Diversifying snacks to include stuff like pistachios and other things.
- Tearing into my loans. I’m a bit behind the pace I was hoping to have, a few things have interfered. The systematic approach I have working is still viable, I need to get a couple more pieces in place. Hoping to have that moving more efficiently soon.